5 August 2014

Lucy's Great Grandfather


George and Lucy along with the  Mirfin Newman family are excited this week to see their great Grandad Melville Mirfin  be commemorated in a series of  stamps that contains images of World War 1. On the 5th August it will have been 100 years since the beginning of  the war. Bank clerk Melville signed up in the first week and managed survive the action from one end of the war to the other. The series of stamps depict the war through the eyes of normal families.

7 comments:

Myles'Nana and Poppa said...

It is very special for the family to see Grandfather honoured in this way.The young men were so brave.I shall look for the stamps.

Anonymous said...

This is so cool about my Great-Grandfather!

Greta said...

awesome grandfather Lucy!

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy to see my Great Grandfather on stamps!


Lucy

Ana Z said...

Lucy is very lucky because if Melville didn't survive, she wouldn't exist. And I am lucky for her to be my friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lucy, your Grandfather must have been BRAVE!!!!!!!!

TED 👍😋✌️

Anonymous said...

I love that you put my grandfather's photo on your blog. Thanks Room 8. It was very special as there was also a big reception at Te Papa. Kate Mirfin (Lucy's mother)